DAYTON, Ohio - The University of Dayton men's basketball team moved up to 22nd nationally in average attendance in 2016-17 in the annual men's basketball attendance report that was announced today by the NCAA.
UD’s average crowd of 13,018 fans a game was the best in school history, topping the 12,982 in the Arena’s first season in 1969-70. Dayton improved 76 fans a game from a year
Other Notable Attendance Figures
- Dayton’s record-setting attendance topped the 12,982 average in 1969-70, the first year of the Arena when UD ranked fifth in the nation in attendance.
- The Flyers have been rated in the Top 30 for 20 straight years.
- Since UD Arena opened in 1969, Dayton has been in the NCAA`s Top 35 in attendance every season, and in the top 25 a total of 29 times.
- The Flyers led the Atlantic 10 in attendance for the 20th straight season as well.
- UD was 15-1 in 2015-16 en route to winning its second consecutive A-10 regular-season championship.
- Dayton has won 51 of its last 55 games at home.
- More than nine-and-a-half million fans (9,688,443 to be exact) have attended UD Arena in the last 48 seasons.