Duquesne, Saint Louis Advance to Quarterfinals
ORLANDO, Fla. – Sixth-seeded Duquesne was victorious over No. 11 St. Bonaventure 4-0 in Thursday’s third match at the USTA National Campus. With the win, the Dukes will face No. 3 Dayton Friday at noon, at the A-10 Men’s Tennis Championship.
Tim Kane and Jared Isaacs got things started for the Duquesne, as they captured the No. 3 doubles court with their victory over Indra Patwardhan and Hector Martinez (6-3). Adam Blasinsky and Drew Akins closed out doubles play by capturing the victory with their 7-6 win over Guillermo Garcia and Ante Zovko.
Isaacs kept the momentum going by defeating Lukas Malmberg at No. 5 in singles play. Andrew Ong followed suit by overcoming John Rutkowski in three sets by a score of 6-1, 0-6, 6-4. To clinch the match for the Dukes, Blasinsky came from behind to win 2-6, 6-2, 6-4 over Victor Blanco
#6 Duquesne def. #11 St. Bonaventure, 4-0
- Adam Blasinsky (DUQ) def. Victor Blanco (SBU) 2-6, 6-2, 6-4
- Chris Corrao (DUQ) vs. Hector Martinez (SBU) 3-6, 6-4, 0-0, DNF
- Tim Kane (DUQ) vs. Indra Patwardhan (SBU) 6-4, 5-4, DNF
- Drew Akins (DUQ) vs. Ante Zovko (SBU) 7-6, 5-4, DNF
- Jared Isaacs (DUQ) def. Lukas Malmberg (SBU), 6-1, 6-2
- Andrew Ong (DUQ) def. John Rutkowski (SBU) 6-1, 0-6, 6-4
Order of Finish: 5, 6, 1
- Andrew Ong/Chris Corrao (DUQ) vs. Victor Blanco/Lukas Malmberg (SBU), 6-6, DNF
- Adam Blasinsky/Drew Akins (DUQ) def. Guillermo Garcia/Ante Zovko (SBU), 7-6
- Tim Kane/Jared Isaacs (DUQ) def. Indra Patwardhan/Hector Martinez (SBU), 6-3
Order of Finish: 3, 2
ORLANDO, Fla.—Seventh-seeded Saint Louis advanced to Friday’s quarterfinals with a 4-0 win over No. 10 Fordham at the USTA National Campus on Thursday.
On the No. 1 doubles court, it was David
At the No. 1 spot,
Saint Louis will face No. 2 Davidson on Friday at 12:00 pm in the quarterfinals.
#7 Saint Louis def. #10 Fordham, 4-0
Ferragut(SLU) def. Lutwin de Macar (FOR) 6-3, 6-3
- John Nogalski (SLU) vs. Max Green (FOR) 6-7, 0-3, DNF
- Juan Calero (SLU) def. Fabian Mauritzson (FOR) 6-1, 6-2
- Oscar Pachon (SLU) vs. Finn Kemper (FOR) 6-3, 3-6, 0-2, DNF
- Justin Nogalski (SLU) def. Allen Thornes (FOR) 7-6(2), 6-3
- Kenji Yanaba (SLU) vs. Alex Makatsaria (FOR) 1-6, 6-2, 3-1, DNF
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 5
Ferragut/Juan Calero (SLU) def. Lutwin de Macar/Fabian Mauritzson (FOR) 6-2
- Justin Nogalski/John Nogalski (SLU) def. Finn Kemper/Jeremy Chung (FOR) 6-4
- Kenji Yanaba/Oscar Pachon (SLU) vs. Max Green/Allen Thornes (FOR) 5-4, DNF
Order of Finish: 1, 2