ORLANDO, Fla. – Third-seeded Dayton defeated No. 6 Duquesne 4-1 in Friday’s quarterfinals match at the USTA National Campus. With the win, the Flyers will face Davidson on Saturday at 10:00 am, at the A-10 Men’s Tennis Championship.
After Carsten Fisher and Zach Berry’s 6-2 victory on the No. 1 doubles court, Duquesne reeled off two straight wins to take an early 1-0 lead. Tim Kane and Jared Isaacs conquered the No. 3 doubles with their 6-3 victory over Lorenzo Rollhauser and Simon Jayaram. On the No. 2 court, the deciding point was won by Adam Blasinsky and Drew Akins by a score of 7-6(1) over Jordan Benjamin and Theo Jenner.
In singles play, the Flyers used four straight wins to capture the victory. On the No. 1 court, Benjamin defeated Blasinsky by a score of 6-3, 6-1. Following Benjamin was Will Harpen on the No. 6 court who was victorious over Andrew Ong (6-4, 6-1). Fisher ousted Corrao by a score of 7-5, 6-1. Clinching the match with a 6-3, 6-3 score was Steven Karl who was victorious over Isaacs.
#3 Dayton def. #6 Duquesne, 4-1
- Jordan Benjamin (UD) def. Adam Blasinsky (DUQ), 6-3, 6-1
- Carsten Fisher (UD) def. Chris Corrao (DUQ), 7-5, 6-1
- Zach Berry (UD) vs. Tim Kane (DUQ), 7-5, 4-1, DNF
- Theo Jenner (UD) vs. Drew Akins (DUQ), 6-2, 2-5, DNF
- Steven Karl (UD) def. Jared Isaacs (DUQ), 6-3, 6-3
Harpen(UD) def. Andrew Ong (DUQ), 6-4, 6-1
Order of Finish: 1, 6, 2, 5
- Carsten Fisher/Zach Berry (UD) def. Andrew Ong/Chris Corrao (DUQ), 6-2
- Adam Blasinsky/Drew Akins (DUQ) def. Jordan Benjamin/Theo Jenner (UD), 7-6(1)
- Tim Kane/Jared Isaacs (DUQ) def. Lorenzo Rollhauser/Simon Jayaram (UD), 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2
ORLANDO, Fla.—Second-seeded Davidson advances to Saturday’s semifinals with a 4-0 win over No. 7 Saint Louis at the USTA National Campus on Friday.
The Wildcats pairing of Jack Riazzi and Yash Parikh conquered the No. 3 court by defeating Kenji Yanaba and Oscar Pachon, 6-4. The brothers of Justin and John Nogalski upended the Davidson team of David Hager and Shamael Chaudhry, 6-4. In No. 1 doubles, Artem Khrapko and Axel Fries clinched the doubles point with their 6-3 victory over David
Chaudhry started singles play off on a good note for the Wildcats in the No. 2 position by defeating John Nogalski, 6-2, 6-3. Razzi was victorious over Yanaba on the No. 6 court, 6-3, 7-5. Khrapko clinched the match for Davidson with his win on the No. 1 court (7-6, 6-1), where he faced off against
The Wildcats will now face Dayton in Saturday’s semifinals at 10:00 am.
#2 Davidson def. #7 Saint Louis, 4-0
- Artem Khrapko (DAV) def. David
Ferragut(SLU) 7-5, 6-1
- Shamael Chaudhry (DAV) def. John Nogalski (SLU) 6-2, 6-3
- Axel Fries (DAV) vs. Juan Calero (SLU) 7-5, 4-6, DNF
- Tommy Mason (DAV) vs. Oscar Pachon (SLU) 5-7, 6-4, DNF
- David Hager (DAV) vs. Justin Nogalski (SLU) 7-5, 4-3, DNF
- Jack Riazzi (DAV) def. Kenji Yanaba (SLU) 6-3, 6-5
Order of Finish: 2, 6, 1
- Artem Khrapko/Axel Fries (DAV) def. David
Ferragut/Juan Calero (SLU) 6-3
- Justin Nogalski/John Nogalski (SLU) def. David Hager/Shamael Chaudhry (DAV) 6-4
- Jack Riazzi/Yash Parikh (DAV) def. Kenji Yanaba/Oscar Pachon (SLU) 6-4
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1