#A10WBB Championship Set for Sunday on ESPNU
The Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship has been set following an exciting week of action.
The quarterfinals, semifinals
The final will air on ESPNU at noon.
#5 George Washington vs. #6 Saint Joseph's - Sunday, 12:00 pm
How GW got there:
- Two big three-pointers in the final four minutes by George Washington junior Kelsi Mahoney GW quell a final Dayton rally to knock off the top-seeded and defending champion Flyers, 58-53 in the first semifinal RECAP
- Earlier, George Washington defeated #12 La Salle at home on Tuesday, then used a team effort to defeat fourth-seeded George Mason, 64-59 RECAP
How Saint Joseph's got there:
- The Saint Joseph's Hawks earned first Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship berth since 2013 thanks to a big early start, timely defense, and title worthy possessions down the stretch, defeating the Saint Louis Billikens 58-49 Saturday afternoon in the second semifinal of the 2018 Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship. RECAP
- Earlier in the Championship, Saint Joseph's defeated #11 VCU in the First Round in Philadelphia, then upended third-seeded Fordham on a last second buzzer beater by Sarah Veilleux. RECAP
- Saint Louis also hosted in the first round, completing a come-from-behind win against UMass, then defeated #2 Duquesne on Friday, led by senior Jackie Kemph, who had 28 points, five rebounds