Fordham's Varsity 8 Earns First-Ever Atlantic 10 Boat of the Week
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Fordham rowing’s Varsity 8 crew earned the first-ever Atlantic 10 Conference Boat of the Week award the league announced Thursday. The award, created this year, is selected by the conference office to recognize an outstanding performance in the week’s leading up to the A-10 Championship, which takes place on Saturday, May 5 at the Cooper River.
The Rams’ Varsity 8 had two excellent races at the Murphy Cup, turning in a strong heat time to earn a spot in the grand final and then placing fifth in the grand final. In the heats, Fordham finished with the second fastest time at 6:54.97, just 1.5 seconds left behind heats leader Temple. In the grand final Fordham raced from lane 6 to produce one of the best finishes from that lane for the day, finishing fifth overall with a 7:34.23.
The Fordham V8 team is comprised of the following student-athletes:
- Olivia Herman, freshman, Yardley, Pa. (cox)
- Danae Ohresser-Joumard, sophomore, Manosque, France
- Erin Parker, junior, Westmont, N.J.
- Cynthia Luz, junior, Kearny, N.J.
- Aleksa Bjornson, freshman, Tiverton, R.I.
- Anna Peterson, freshman, Chanhassen, Minn.
- Carly Roncinske, junior, Fairport, N.Y.
- Erin McGreevey, sophomore, Flourton, Pa.
- Kat Napoli, senior, Norristown, Pa.
Additionally the Atlantic 10 announced the first weekly boat rankings ahead of the 2018 championship in the four championship events. Voted on by the coaches, these rankings are available on Row2K site here: http://www.row2k.com/polls/index.cfm?cat=college&type=Atlantic%2010%20Women%27s%20Poll