A-10 Sees 12 Baseball Players Taken in MLB First-Year Draft
The Atlantic 10 had 12 players drafted in the Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft.
The group included six pitchers, all of whom were righties, two catchers, three infielders and an outfielder. VCU, the 2019 regular season champions had three players drafted, the most in the A-10. George Mason, George Washington and Richmond each had two players drafted.
The full list of 12 players, where they were selected and by which team, is listed below.
- Logan Driscoll, George Mason, C, San Diego Padres, CBB Round, 73rd pick
- Connor Lehmann, Saint Louis, RHP, San Diego Padres, 7th Round, 203rd pick
- Nate Fassnacht, George Washington, SS, Philadelphia Phillies, 8th Round, 240th pick
- Connor Gillispie, VCU, RHP, Baltimore Orioles, 9th Round, 258th pick
- Zac Ching, VCU, SS, Los Angeles Dodgers, 10th Round, 311th pick
- Sam Ryan, VCU, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays, 12th Round, 357th pick
- Kyle Martin, Fordham, RHP, Baltimore Orioles, 15th Round, 438th pick
- Jared DiCesare, George Mason, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays, 17th Round, 507th pick
- Dominic D’Alessandro, George Washington, 1B, Boston Red Sox, 22nd Round, 677th pick
- Justin Lasko, Massachusetts, RHP, New York Mets, 30th Round, 898th pick
- Kyle Schmidt, Richmond, C, Minnesota Twins, 33rd Round, 989th pick
- Derek Lee, Richmond, OF, Oakland Athletics, 39th Round, 1184th pick