Dayton Men's Basketball Ranked 22nd Nationally In Attendance
DAYTON - The University of Dayton men's basketball team ranked 22nd nationally in average attendance in 2018-19 in the annual men's basketball attendance report that was announced this week by the NCAA.
UD's average crowd of 12,957 fans a game is the fourth-best in school history. Dayton moved up to 22nd in the national rankings, matching its best ranking since finishing 18th in 2004-05. UD was also 22nd in 2016-17 when it averaged a school-record 13,108 fans a game.
"Our tremendous fan support is well-known across the country," UD Vice-President and Director of Athletics Neil Sullivan said. "But by no means is it taken for granted. On behalf of everyone involved with
Other Notable Attendance Figures
• UD has finished in the national Top 25 in
• Rated in the Top 30 for 22 straight years
• Since UD Arena opened in 1969, Dayton has been in the NCAA`s Top 35 in all 50 seasons, and in the Top 25 a total of 31 times
• Four of the top five yearly average attendances in school history have come in the last four seasons
• The Flyers led the Atlantic 10 in attendance for the 22nd straight season
• More than 10 million fans have attended Flyer games at UD Arena since the Arena opened on Dec. 6, 1969.