How It Happened
Rhode Island outscored the Bahamas All-Stars by 31 points in the third quarter, scoring 48 points during the 10 minute period en route to a 132-87
The Rams led 29-18 after the first quarter and built as much as a 15-point lead. Rhody led 45-30 after a Daron Russell layup with just under a minute to go. The Bahamas All-Stars scored six unanswered points, including a 3-pointer as time expired in the half, and URI's halftime lead was cut to nine (45-36).
A 3-pointer by Jarvis Garrett to start the third quarter gave Rhody a double-digit advantage for good and a furious closing run put the game away. Leading by 15 - 61-46 - with 5:49 left in the period, the Rams closed on a 32-7 run and led by 40 heading into the fourth quarter.
Inside the Box Score
- Seven players scored in double figures, led by 17 points apiece from Andre Berry and Jared Terrell. Berry connected on 8-of-10 from the floor while also grabbing six boards.
- Terrell filled up the box score, with eight boards, seven
assistsand three steals. He had a team-best efficiency rating of 25.
- In case you're wondering, efficiency is calculated by: (points + assists + blocks + steals + fouls on + rebounds) – (turnovers + blocks received + fouls + tech fouls + (2PA - 2PM) + (3PA - 3PM))
- Jeff Dowtin added 16 points, four rebounds, and five assists in close to 32 minutes of action. He was +39 for the game in plus/minus (similar to the hockey stat) and posted an efficiency rating of 20.
- Daron Russell knocked down 6-of-9 shots from the floor - including 2-of-5 from beyond the arc. For the game, Rhode Island was 5-of-16 from the perimeter.
- Cyril Langevine scored 14 points and pulled down eight rebounds - six on the offensive glass. He also notched two steals. He also had an efficiency mark of 20.
- Jarvis Garrett added 11 points (4-8 FG; 2-3 3FG) and three assists, while Michael
Tertesahad 10 points and four rebounds.
- The Rams connected on 55.3% of its shots from the floor, including 64.8% (35-54) in the second half.
- There were 86 total free throws attempted in the
- The Bahamas All-Stars played its third game against
an NCAADivision I opponents this month. They dropped a 106-103 matchup against Nicholls on Aug. 4, before downing Colorado State, 100-98 on Aug. 8.
Stat of the Game
0 - Rhode Island committed 14 turnovers in the first half and finished with 14 for the game. The Rams dished out 10 assists over the final 20 minutes with no mishaps.
Rhode Island will enjoy an off-day in the Bahamas All-Stars on Saturday before departing from Paradise on Sunday afternoon.