The Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship has been set following an exciting week of action.
The quarterfinals, semifinals
The final will air on ESPNU at noon.
#5 George Washington vs. #6 Saint Joseph's - Sunday, 12:00 pm
How GW got there:
- Two big three-pointers in the final four minutes by George Washington junior Kelsi Mahoney GW quell a final Dayton rally to knock off the top-seeded and defending champion Flyers, 58-53 in the first semifinal RECAP
- Earlier, George Washington defeated #12 La Salle at home on Tuesday, then used a team effort to defeat fourth-seeded George Mason, 64-59 RECAP
How Saint Joseph's got there:
- The Saint Joseph's Hawks earned first Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship berth since 2013 thanks to a big early start, timely defense, and title worthy possessions down the stretch, defeating the Saint Louis Billikens 58-49 Saturday afternoon in the second semifinal of the 2018 Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship. RECAP
- Earlier in the Championship, Saint Joseph's defeated #11 VCU in the First Round in Philadelphia, then upended third-seeded Fordham on a last second buzzer beater by Sarah Veilleux. RECAP
- Saint Louis also hosted in the first round, completing a come-from-behind win against UMass, then defeated #2 Duquesne on Friday, led by senior Jackie Kemph, who had 28 points, five rebounds