Jan. 26, 2013
#A10WBB NOTEBOOK | STATISTICS | STANDINGS
WHAT’S ON TAP FOR THE WEEKEND (*denotes A-10 Conference game)
Sunday, January 27
*Charlotte at Saint Louis | 2:00PM
*Fordham at Duquesne | 2:00PM
*La Salle at Temple | 2:00PM
*UMass at #17/16 Dayton | 2:00PM
*Rhode Island at George Wash | 2:00PM
*VCU at Butler | 2:00PM
*Xavier at Richmond | CBS Sports Network | 2:00PM CBS CHANNEL FINDER
- Duquesne’s Wumi Agunbiade and Dayton’s Amber Deane have been named the Atlantic 10 Conference Women’s Basketball Player and Rookie of the Week, respectively, the league office announced on Monday. The award marks the second-straight and third overall for Deane, while Agunbiade collects the citation for the first time this season. Both student-athletes were recognized for games played during the week of Jan. 14-20.
- For the 10th consecutive week Dayton is ranked in both the Associated Press Top 25 and the USA Today Coaches Polls. Dayton moved up one spot to No. 17 in the AP Top 25 with 343 points, improving upon the 276 last week. UD is tied with North Carolina at No. 16 in the Coaches Poll with both teams accumulating 323 points. The Flyers are just nine points from Georgia and South Carolina who both have 332 and are tied at No. 14 in the poll.
- The A-10 remains eighth in the latest RPI Report released on Monday, Jan. 21. The Flyers continue to pace the league, coming in 12th among the nation’s top teams, while six additional teams are ranked among the top 100 – Duquesne (42), Saint Joseph’s (44), Richmond (73), Charlotte (88), Fordham (92) and Butler (94).
- Richmond plays host to Xavier on Sunday in front of a nationally televised audience on CBS Sports Network on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. John Sadak will handle play-by-play duties while Julianne Viani will serve as the color analyst. Use the CBS channel finder to locate the station in your area – CLICK HERE
- Charlotte is back on the road in conference play when it travels to St. Louis, Mo., to face long-time foe Saint Louis at 2 p.m. Eastern on Sunday. It marks the first of two-straight away Atlantic 10 matchups for the Niners. Charlotte brings a 13-4 overall and 2-1 league ledger into the meeting, after picking up back-to-back wins in its most recent A-10 contests. The Niners knocked off Rhode Island Jan. 16 and Xavier four days later to post victories in five of their last six outings.
- Three of the final four UMass women's basketball home games will be broadcast locally through CBS 3 Now, channel 293 for Comcast users and 230 for all Charter subscribers. In addition to the contests against La Salle, Temple and Duquesne scheduled to be hosted at the Mullins Center, the UMass women's basketball game at Saint Louis will also be featured on TV through the CBS Sports Network. Cody Chrusciel will provide play-by-play coverage of each home contest while Nefertiti Walker, an all-conference standout and 1,000-point scorer at Stetson University, will serve as a color commentator for the Temple and Duquesne games.
- #17/16 (AP/Coaches Poll ) Dayton hosts Massachusetts in Atlantic 10 action this Sunday, Jan. 27 at 2 p.m. at UD Arena. The Flyers are 16-1 overall and 4-0 in the conference. Dayton is one of four teams in the A-10 with a perfect record in league play; the others are Duquesne and Fordham at 4-0, and Saint Joseph’s at 4-0. The game will be broadcast on WHIO 95.7 FM and AM 1290 with Tom Michaels with the call.
LAST TIME OUT
Saint Joseph's 61, St. Bonaventure 44 | Box Score
Saint Joseph’s defeated St. Bonaventure, 61-44, Saturday afternoon at Michael J. Hagan ’85 Arena in Philadelphia. Ilze Gotfrida led all scorers with 21 points, while Chatilla van Grinsven added 13 points and seven rebounds. The Hawks outrebounded the Bonnies 43-34, while shutting down SBU from 3-point territory, 0-15.