Dec. 7, 2012
A-10 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK | CHAMPIONSHIP CENTRAL
WHAT’S ON TAP FOR THE WEEKEND
Saturday, December 8
Michigan State at Dayton | 1:00PM
Rhode Island vs. Maine | at Portland, ME | 1:00PM
Stony Brook at Fordham | 2:00PM
Richmond at UNC Greensboro | 2:00PM
VCU at Coppin State | 2:00PM
George Washington at American | 2:00PM
Pittsburgh at Duquesne | 2:00PM
Villanova at Saint Joseph’s | 2:00PM
Massachusetts at Mississippi | 3:00PM
Stetson at Charlotte | 7:00PM
St. Bonaventure at West Virginia | 7:30PM
Sunday, December 9
Saint Louis at Evansville | 2:00PM
Indiana at Butler | 2:00PM
- Dayton (9-0) hosts Michigan State (8-0) this Saturday, Dec. 8 at 1 p.m. at UD Arena. It is a battle of two unbeaten teams; two of the 16 teams left in NCAA Division I women's basketball with a perfect record.
- Richmond meets UNCG for the third time in the young series on Saturday. The Spiders most recently downed the Spartans, 75-60, last Dec. in the Robins Center.
- Charlotte returns to the hardwood for its third game in a week when it plays host to Stetson at 7 p.m. Saturday in the second of two Niners hoops contests inside Halton Arena. The game will be the last for the green and white before taking 10 days off for final exams and the conclusion of the fall semester.
- Coming off a 69-43 win over Lafayette on Wednesday, Saint Joseph's (5-2) takes a three-game win streak into Saturday's meeting with Villanova. The Hawks open the Big 5 portion of their schedule with a 2 p.m. contests against the Wildcats at Hagan Arena. SJU is 3-0 on the road this season with wins over Drexel, Hofstra and Saint Francis; and 2-2 in the friendly confines of Hagan Arena.
- Rhode Island (3-6) travels north for a Saturday afternoon tilt against the Maine Black Bears. The neutral site game will be played at the Portland Expo in Portland, Maine.
- Duquesne (7-1) will host the University of Pittsburgh (6-2) on Saturday afternoon in the annual City Game. Tipoff at the A.J. Palumbo Center is at 2 p.m. Pittsburgh is coached by Agnus Berenato, the sister of A-10 Commissioner Bernadette V. McGlade.
- UMass closes out its four-game road swing at Ole Miss (4-2) in Oxford on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 3 p.m.
THURSDAY’S (12/6) RESULTS
Kent State 71, Temple 62
Temple (5-3) suffered a 71-62 loss at Kent State on Thursday night. Victoria Macaulay led all players with a double-double of 25 points and 13 rebounds. Tyonna Williams also scored in double figures for Temple with 14 points. Temple has a week off for final exams before heading to Auburn for a 2:00 p.m. game on Sunday, Dec. 16.
UT-Martin 78, Saint Louis 62
Mallory Eggert scored a career-high 17 points and tied for game-high honors with eight rebounds, but UT Martin picked up the 78-62 win visiting Saint Louis (4-5) Thursday night at Skyhawk Arena. The Billikens travel to southern Indiana to face Evansville Sunday, Dec. 9, at 1 p.m.
Middle Tennessee 63, Xavier 48
Xavier (4-4) dropped a 63-48 decision at Middle Tennessee Thursday night at MT's Murphy Center. Senior Jessica Pachko led the team with 10 points while three Musketeers grabbed five rebounds apiece. XU went 20-of-40 from the field for a 50.0 percent clip and 6-for-8 from the line (75.0%). MT shot 42.6 percent from the field and only 54.5 percent from the charity stripe. The rebounds were even at 29 per team but the Musketeers committed 27 turnovers to the Blue Raiders' 13. Xavier returns to action December 15 when it returns home to Cintas Center to play host to Wright State. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m.